Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Some Christmas Thoughts..

Well, it's a good thing I don't get paid to write a blog because I'd be poor. :) My last post was about a year ago!

It's almost Christmas again and it's the first Christmas since my mother passed away. I know several other ladies whose mother's passed away this year and I know they are missing their mommas so bad. But for me, it's a little different. Justin and I have known each other for ten years and have had ten Christmases together. Out of my 27 years, I probably only spent 10 Christmases with my mom, and five of those years were the first five years of my life so I really don't remember those.

That's pretty sad, right?

Well, it would be pretty despairing if I had no hope in Christ. I mean, it's still sad. BUT, even though my mom had her troubles (a lot of them), I know that she loved God. She spent so much time trying to cover her sins up so I know she felt the conviction. Unfortunately, she never learned to give those sins over to God to carry.

But this Christmas....

I wish I could see her this Christmas where she is now. A new body, a new heart, a new mind. Not only is she healthy this year but I know that she has a peace that is completely incomprehensible.

The other day, I was having a moment of grieving, thinking about the day my mother passed away. She was alone in her nursing home room and fell to the floor. And I couldn't help but wonder what that was like for her, to die alone on a cold floor. And then a voice spoke directly to my heart like electricity. "My child, I am with you." But it wasn't directed to me, it was directed to her. She wasn't alone! The moments she was alone on that floor, He was there!

And He let me know that.

Because He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment